How to Connect your Reviews to Facebook using Twitter
NOTICE: Recently, Facebook has changed its privacy settings so that many apps, including Twitter, will no longer be able to automatically post to Facebook. Both new and old users will be unable to auto-share their twitter posts as of August 1st, 2018.
"In lieu of automatic posting, Facebook is urging developers to focus on share buttons, where a user has to knowingly click to post a link, photo, or other content to their profile."
Users are encouraged to click the share button on their reviews in order to continue to boost your online presence.
In this guide, we'll show you how you can connect our automatic Twitter syndication to your Facebook Business page. You'll have to have our Twitter syndication already set up. Here's that guide.
Please note all your posts from Twitter will get syndicated onto your Facebook Business page.
1. Log into your Twitter account, and go to the Settings panel by clicking on your profile photo. Once you're there, click on "Settings and Privacy"
2. Once you're on the Settings page, on the left side-bar, select "Apps"
3. Facebook is shown at the top of the Applications page. Click 'Connect to Facebook'
4. Continue as You (it will ask you to sign in here if you aren't already).
5. Allow Twitter to post publicly, and then press 'OK'
6. In the next window, you'll see an option to filter where Twitter sends the posts. Click on 'Choose what you allow' to edit. Press 'OK' to continue.
7. For those with multiple pages, click on 'All pages' to release the drop-down menu, and click on the checkmarks to turn those pages on or off. Do this for both Managing and Publishing as Pages you manage. Then press 'OK' to continue
8. The pop-up will close and the on your Applications page, you'll see that you'll still need to Connect to Facebook now that you're logged in and have given the appropriate permissions. Click on 'Connect to Facebook'.
9. A pop-up on your page will appear like below. Click 'OK'. This is the Chrome browser example.
10. You can now change the permissions to just post to your Facebook Business page. It'll be preset to have the first two boxes checked off; you can unselect this by simply clicking on the checked boxes. To select the third box and post to your Facebook Business page, you'll click on the tab and from the drop-down, select your Facebook Business page. It'll then automatically save.
You're all set!
If you no longer want this option:
> Head to the Apps page on Twitter ('Settings and privacy' > 'Apps' and click 'Revoke access".
Note, it'll still be connected to Facebook.
> So head to Facebook
> Select the upside down triangle (your Settings panel)
> Find and select 'Settings' from the drop-down menu
> select 'Apps and Websites'
> select the box beside Twitter (it'll then be checked off)
> Press 'Remove'.