How does the review process work after review submission?
In this FAQ, we'll show you how the review process works.
1) Once a review is submitted on RankMyAgent, our system begins to process the review.
2) Both you and your reviewer will receive an email verification.
For the agent being reviewed, you will receive an email asking you to Confirm or Flag the review. You will need to respond by clicking on Confirm or Flag. If you do not choose an action, it will be automatically posted after 14 days if it meets our Guidelines.
For the reviewer, you will receive an email asking you to verify your email address. Please note, we will not send you marketing emails if you complete this verification. This process is only required as a verification that you are in fact a real person with a valid email address that is leaving a review (rather than a spambot).
Here's what the email notification for the agent looks like:
2) If you click Confirm, the review will be automatically posted given that the following criteria are met (in order):
- The reviewer must verify their review via the email confirmation they receive
- The review must contain a full address
- And, of course, you, the agent, must hit the Confirm button.
If this doesn't happen, your review will default to our standard procedure, which is: our human moderation team will post the review within 8-24 hours after you hit Confirm. If it has been longer than this, please read our FAQ on what may be delaying this process.
3) If you click Flag, a 14-day Moderation Period begins. We call this our "Early Resolution Advantage Period", wherein we give you time to mitigate the situation. If it does not meet our Guidelines, it will not be posted. However, if it does meet our Guidelines, you, the agent, can follow up with your client to remedy the situation. If there is no resolution, you have the option of submitting a response to the review. This response will be put in with the review so it may be seen along with the review.
Here's some more quick info regarding the Review Process:
Why do you need the full address of the transaction?
In order to verify the review, as well as to ensure we do not have any spam/duplicate reviews, we require the full address of the transaction. The client must have had a firm/closed transaction to buy, sell or rent a property within North America in order to write a review. The transaction address is validated and verified with the Agent prior to posting on RankMyAgent. The transaction address in never shared on the site and is solely used for verification of the review.
What if my client wants to be anonymous?
If your client doesn’t want to provide their real name, they can provide a pseudo name. This request can be made to us at email@example.com and we can add a pseudo name to appear on the public site.
What if my clients don't want to complete the survey online?
If any clients would prefer to complete the review offline, we do have paper versions of the survey that can be scanned and emailed back to us. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch our video on how clients can write Reviews on RankMyAgent.